I call those people third generation apartment dwellers. They have no clue about the outdoors and don't want one.

The BSA is dead by the hands of liberals and Robert Gates. I watched as requirements were watered down in the name of inclusion and leave no trace to the point where no outdoor skills are being taught.

During my last year as a Scout Master, I had to sign off that boys could make a cooking fire when the new requirements state that the boy does not actually need to light the fire in order to pass the requirement. And since that camp was under a fire ban, none of those boys know if they can actually start a fire.

At that same camp, the boys could earn the horsemanship merit badge without actually having to ride the horse. I could go on and on with examples of how the program robs boys of valuable experiences but I will just say I am no longer associated with the BSA and I do not recommend anyone allow their sons to join it. There is nothing there for them any longer.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775