Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Scouting is full of q ueers that like to bufu teenage boys and trannie "girls".

That's like saying every Catholic priest is gay, whhich is certainly not the case.

I was just wondering, upon reading your OP, how many folks nowadays "think" like gunswizard. (if you could call gunswizards statement a result of thinking)

I have a feeling the ads for lawyers on the TV for those abused while in Scouts might have something to do with it.

In my years in Scouts, starting with the blue uniformed version on up to an Explorer Scout associate leader, I never experienced anything untoward nor did I see or hear evidence of such. None of my three male siblings have ever alluded to anything inappropriate either.

What about you Hatari?

Any other former Scouts here experience a "come on" or invitation to sleep in the leader's tent?

Scouting could still have a place in today's world, should there be enough interest and should the feeding frenzy over the incidences of perversion not be promoted as the "norm" in Scouts. Unfortunately, I don't think the interest is there.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?