Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Originally Posted by akmtnrunner
That bullet worked well for me in a pinch with a grizzly a few nights ago! Loaded 51 grs of TAC out of my Ruger American stainless compact with 18" barrel. Broke one shoulder, destroyed the vitals and exited near the off-sides' kidney. The same bullet but with a slower speed with varget worked wonderfully for my wife on a caribou last Fall.

This intrigues me. You killed a grizzly with a 130 TTSX from a .308? What size bear, and what were the circumstances? I am curious about how it went down, how fast the bear was stopped, etc? Gotta run what ya brung sometimes, that’s just a little smaller than most folks would be comfortable with, so I am curious how it worked.

It was out of a 30-06, but not running any faster than a 308 can push them, around 3,100 fps. I've killed whitetail, black bear, caribou, moose and grizzly with the 130 TSX. Probably the best killing bullet I've used. The grizzly was just a 3 year old, and ran about 30 yards after the shot, but its blood trail looked like someone pitched a 5 gallon bucket of red paint on the brush. Probably the same result if he was twice as big. Double lung shot at about 40 yards.