Remington 700 VLS
Floated barrel (stock)
14 oz trigger (reworked stock Remington)
Glass & pillar bedded in factory laminate stock
Leupold VX-III 4.5-14 x 40 Tac Mil Dot
Leupold Bases & Rings (trued)

Load :
LC Match Brass (2.015")
42.5 gr IMR 4064
Federal GM210M Primers
Sierra 168 gr HPBTM
2.818 OAL (.003" off the lands)

Just a note - Loads will not, Not, NOT!!! go into the box! Gonna have to load them one at a time into the chamber!

Loads chrono'd at 10 ft are consistent at 2845-2850. Never have had a load that would stay within such a small window on the chrono.

All bullets & brass are individually weighed & miked for uniformity & charges are checked on 3 scales (2 counterbalance & 1 digital.) Each loaded round is again weighed & checked for uniformity. It's a pain but with the extra effort I have shrunk my patterns significantly. My best target to date is .766" at 300 yards. That is with a VERY locked in rifle on the bags & no discernable wind. LOTS of work in not only the loads but also in the rifle. It's a little project I dove into about 3 1/2 years ago just to see what I could do with a basically "stock" rifle with nothing more than do-it-yourself home tweaking. Needless to say I've been rather pleased with the results! This rifle will shoot all day with a .300 Jarrett that I have in the safe & a custom .243 that I built a few years back. I just wish it had the energy that the .300 has when it gets there......

beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur Matthew 5:9