I have quite a few 308's in the collection. They run the spread from para-military to bull barreled tactical jobs. This group was fired in my Kimber Montana upon its return from the gunsmith last weekend.

[Linked Image]

This is one of my go-to reloads, I shoot it in all of my 308's and it gives me very good accuracy in all of them. I like to use military brass in the bottom feeders, tougher brass is a good thing in that instance. The load is in LC brass once fired and prepped on a Gracey case trimmer (I use their fixture for uniforming the primer pocket and removing the military crimp,) a CCI 200, 44.0 grains a Varget (a max charge in military brass IMO,) and a 168 grain Sierra MatchKing or Nosler Custom Competition 168 (whichever is cheaper by the 500 at the time I order) seated to 2.800" In my 22" barreled bolt guns, this load averages 2650 FPS.

In commercial brass, loaded for the bolt guns, I load a charge of 46 grains of Varget and switch to a Fed 210 match primer. This load is usually in the solid 2700 FPS neighborhood.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall