Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Originally Posted by mathman
If you'll save me a search, how much Re15 are you running in the Lapua brass under 150s?

I've worked up to 46.5 grains with 150 gr. flat base Interlocks. The groups are pretty good overall size wise, but I see a little vertical stringing at 200 and 300 yards that I think I can pull in with a couple more tenths. Some folks are finding the goody zone a bit over 47 grains, but that's not in Lapua brass. So I'm creeping up slowly.

Dave,

46gr R15 gave me 2951 fps with 150gr Hornadies from my 22" Krieger. No way I would go higher, but your rifle may be different...

John

Glad I'm not the only one to see high velocities with this combo. Thought it was weird getting 2840 (correction, actual was 2,889 and 2,900 fps!!!!) out of my win model 100 the other day with 45 gr.s of RE15. Knew it was a pretty stiff load for that particular rifle but didn't realize they were sizling out of the barrel like that. Now I need to see what 47 gr. is doing in my bolt guns blush

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA