Originally Posted by mathman
2.818 OAL (.003" off the lands)

Just a note - Loads will not, Not, NOT!!! go into the box! Gonna have to load them one at a time into the chamber!

Are you sure about that OAL? That seems a bit short to not fit the box and be that close to the lands in a factory Rem chamber/throat.

You sir are correct! My fingers are faster than my brain. The correct OAL for that load was 2.848" not 2.818". I polished (for lack of a better term) the throat to get rid of a few slight burrs but honestly do not know how much this affected the length of the chamber. I never have checked what the actual blueprint measurement of that chamber is. Gonna have to check that & compare to see how much difference that there now is. I'll be the first to admit that I am an amateur at best in the world of custom precision gunsmithing but it sure has been fun to try to do one myself.

A good point to be made here is ALWAYS CHECK LOAD INFO BEFORE LOADING YOUR AMMO!!!!! Small mistakes make big problems. Thank you for your attention to detail & calling the shot.

beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur Matthew 5:9