Originally Posted by smithrjd
I love good wood and bright blueing. I do have a couple of synthetic stocked rifles, and they have there uses. If classics are doomed and nobody wants them, then a bigger selection for me as I would be interested.

I feel the same way, nothing like blued steel high gloss scopes and walnut furniture.

And I have a local gun shop here that is really more a tactical shop but will take anything in on consignment including classics.

They price them low telling people that there is no demand for them here because you can't hunt with a rifle in Jersey, only shotgun or muzzleloader.
These classics are what I call "Catskill Rifles" in that old timers used to hunt New York State and gave it up due to age or health. For the most part have been sitting in a closet or gun cabinet for years till the man dies and the family just wants it gone because no one in the family hunts anymore.

I've picked up in the past 2 years(stolen really) 3 Remington 760 pumps, 3 Marlin 336's in .35 Remington, and 2 Remington 700 BDL's, ALL very clean with little use. One 760 was so dusty from sitting in a closet that you couldn't see into the muzzle, it was solid dust.

One of the 760's was a first year production, March 1952, absolutely clean for it's age and I got it for $200!!!!! Hard to find a good .22 rimfire today for $200 !!!!

So I guess some of us make out due to the fact that "taste" in guns change, I know I for one will buy classics whether I need them or not, but I am most definitely "old school".

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people