Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by StrayDog
I think expensive multi thousand dollar classics like some British made H&H or Rigby rifle will never go out of style. I would be proud to own one, but paranoid about taking it to a gun range where it could be stolen while I'm changing targets downrange.

I personally would rather hunt with a stainless light weight rifle with a TriggerTech trigger and cushy LimbSaver recoil pad.

I love those kinda guns as well as the next guy, but like you, am hesitant to hunt them or take them where I'd take a synthetic, SS version.

I've traded or sold guns that I considered too fancy or too nice to hunt. Still have a few, but don't subject them to abuse.

Sometimes it's just nice to have one that shoots good, but not a problem dragging it thru a thicket.

Synthetic, SS rifles don't have to be ugly, they just not as pretty as classic, high end walnut and blued steel classics.

DF

So true, DF. We see attractive synth-oh stocks all around us. I think you are like me. We appreciate a beautiful, well made wooden stocks, but we're usually hesitant to take a fancy one afield.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and some can see the beauty in a well made synthetic stock. Unfortunately, cheap and easily (quickly) made stocks are de rigueur now. One must create a healthy bottom line. Beauty is for art galleries.

I should also add that I like laminates. They aren't walnut, but they are hardy and pleasing to my eyes.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]