Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by StrayDog
... I personally would rather hunt with a stainless light weight rifle with a TriggerTech trigger and cushy LimbSaver recoil pad.

That is far and away the trend. It's not wrong. It's evolution.

All this fuss about smokeless powder arms. Nothing classic about them. ☺

All right. .303 Boy, that’s just about enough.

I thought Canadians were supposed to be polite!😱

I'm civil. I have had quite a few belly laughs throughout this thread. laugh

I say this from time to time. We are products of our generations. And there have been a fair number of grumpy old men reply. smile

What would the subject of gun clubs/hunting conversations been in the 1920s or 1930s?

Smokeless powder won't last. It's a flash in the pan. Pun intended. Some fool is using birch for gun stocks! And hey, don't the manufacturers realize that firearms furniture must be made of brass? Steel rusts! What idiots!

What fool would mount a telescope on their rifle? Barrels must be a minimum of 30 inches in length! Some addle brained moron - probably a city boy - is reducing them to 24 or 26 inches! You might as well throw a rock!

The oldest members would pick up the sword. My father said that no good came of switching to percussion caps. As if flints were something to avoid! It's dubious that surrounding powder in a brass cup - as with cartridge rifles - is really necessary for hunting. Cartridge rifles are a rapid fire military weapon. They are totally unnecessary for deer!

They actually made the 30-30 to function using smokeless powder. What folly!

My uncle bought one of the first levers. A reckless idea. No need for that kind of firepower! You'll waste ammunition. Winchester missed the mark there!

Really, no positive things have come from the gun world in years. You won't catch me using expensive, less accurate jacketed bullets!

History repeats. crazy

Many of you are grumpy old men! smile It's perspective. The classic rifles are rare and expensive. Few have been made in close to 100 years. Au bon marche!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]