Yes theres a lot of older used classic arms out there and even some compatible for lefties like myself. Ive been foetunate to have some folks on this forum sell me a really nice Savage 99 308 win and an old antique Winchester 1895 30-40. Ive found an screaming deal on new old stock lefty Ruger 338RCM compact rifle (probably the best hunting rifle ever), Ruger scout 308, and a recent Ruger lefty 77 in 30-06 i found at a junk shop locally. Also ive got several ol Winchester 71 rifles i love and 1886 and those work well for lefties. So they are out there and you jump at the opportumiy, but in todays new production its difficult to find just a pedestrian 308, 30-06, or 270 in a proper rifle.

Currently im divesting myself of the excessive rifles that are right handed, the ones that get no use and moving towards the ones that i enjoy, the ones that het used and actually fit me. Less is more type of thing. But still being in my late 40's i can remember when Savage 99's were cheap and plentiful, old Mausers were widely available as were all manner of used leverguns and things werent so expensive. Some of this memory may also be due to there being better labor and craftsmanship from years ago and there was much more abundant natural resources all around. But still it shocks me that the younger people in their teens and up to their 20's dont have the opportunity to walk into somewhere brick and mortar and pick up a classic firearm or even old surplus junk thats now impossible to even get or its priced far over its value.

Just a side note. As a kid in the 70's we had a small town an hour away we used to shop at here in Idaho. There was an supermarket there and beside just groceries i remember they sold rifles there and even handguns and reload supplies. They also had rifle powder in kegs they sold by the pound in paper bags cheaply. Today we're far from that world but that wasnt all that long ago and its not asnif it was in Roman times.