Yeah, Gr. V... '06, gunner, IIRC. I never shot it.

The .300 Win Mag Damara is a great gun. Ed uses his proprietary metal finish which is about bullet proof. It has a match grade SS Shilen, Jewell trigger. stock of Ed's design and with his finish. It's made by McM for Ed and looks to me like a carbon copy of the Hunter's Edge, which is OK; it's one of my fav's.

I usually tweak a new gun, few have nothing that can't be improved. Except this one. It has the 3.6" mag box (instead of the std. 3.4") and is throated accordingly for bullets seated out to fit the box. With that, the jump is about perfect. That gives the .300 WM more case room. Ed's attention to detail is legendary.

Plus, it has Ed's 704 action, round bolt like a 700, CRF like a M-70. LAW bought Ed's tooling and design, tried to produce that rifle at half his price point. I think they finally got it right, but had problems along the way. I'd not trade this one for a LAW. Even at his price point, Ed shut down that line to spend more time on his fine line of 1911's. So, from a business standpoint, one would suspect the rifle wasn't as profitable as his 1911's.

Easy packing, easy shooting rifle. Not pretty walnut, but the real deal. It's a keeper. Did I forget to say it's accurate; shoots about like you would think. The trade was a no brainer, pretty gave way to function. I like pretty, I like function better. Sometimes you can have both.... The Damara is sorta pretty, at least to me... wink

I know what it can do...

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 11/23/20.