It's ALL doomed. Search "Seneca Cliff" (or just read the Hemingway quote below and you'll get the picture where we're at now.) Already well into a classic Romanesque collapse cycle, having hit our zenith around the time the quality of 99's started going downhill (not coincidentally), the economic fallout of our response to covid is fast-tracking the demise of our already badly floundering global civilization. It's not impossible we are at the verge of that Seneca Cliff right now. Will firearms still be manufactured at all in the new medieval era we face? I don't much care. I've got 2 really nice 99's i hunt with - a 1950 EG and a 1953 R - and a lovely though heavy classic .375 Holland & Holland (I live in a nest of grizzly bears) so i at least won't be going back to the slingshot, nor will i take up a plastic gun, which is right up there with wearing "crocs" to your wedding. Or wearing them at all, for that matter. Classic rifles are only doomed then if we fail to take care of the millions of them already out there. They'll outlast all of us on here right now. Bad taste in firearms notwithstanding.

“How did you go bankrupt?"
Two ways. Gradually, then suddenly.”

― Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises

Last edited by gulo; 11/19/20.

From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information.
� Edward Abbey