Originally Posted by MtnHtr
Originally Posted by roundoak
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by roundoak
TheKid. The Ruger 35 Whelen is a tang safety 77R (circa1990). The guy I bought it from said that cartridge came in a RS and a 24" barrel, but he had Ruger sell him one with no sights and a 22" barrel.

This but my m77RS with factory irons only has a 22" barrel a Vari X lll 2.5x8 sits in the rings some deer and 2 elk all the gun a man needs. Mb

I believe you, Bob. The gentleman I bought the rifle from also gave me a Ruger catalog that showed a 24" barrel for the Whelen. What year manufacture is your Ruger?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Roundoak,

Nice pic, that one brings alot of memories. I had 3 tang safety 77s at one time. Killed my first buck with a 308Win M77.

Roundoak, mine is 22" reconfirmed that 10 minutes ago m77RS serial # 772- 500xx I bought it new in the box. The LGS I bought it from had 24 of them and had them sale priced at $289 , he let me lift the lid on a bunch till I found the wood I wanted. IIRC they had cases of RP factory ammo 250 gr rn loads for $8.00 a box. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "