Wow! Until I read this thread I had never heard of 35cal rifles. Yank, yank, yank wink

I have owned no less than six rifles chambered in 357 Maximum, three in 35 Rem, three in 358 Win, and three in 35 Whelen.

Currently I have a H&R Handi rifle that was rechambered by a drill bit (best guess). It shot subsonic loads (220gr LHP at 920fps) extremely well and everything else resembled a pattern. Last month I cleaned the chamber with a PT&G 357 Max rifle reamer and now it shoots everything well enough to sell another 357 Max rifle that was dedicated to jacketed bullets.

My last 35 Rem was a semi-custom Rem Model 7 that JES rebored a donor 223 barrel and assembled. The next 35 Rem is being built as a Win M70 FW by Wayne York.

My current 358 Win is a Win M70 EW that was rebored from 308 by JES. It shoots extremely well with TAC and just about every bullet I load.

My current 35 Whelen is Win M70 rebored by JES. It's a Super Shadow bedded into an EW stock.

Redneck (Lee C.) has been trying to convince me to buy his 358 STA but it's built on a Remington. I'm not sure how my Winnies would accept an outsider into the safe. My M7 had some unexplained "safe dings" lol

I feel as though my bases are covered. I typically assessmy hunting situation and grab the right tool for the job.

But, alas, I am also afflicted with a love for 6.5cal rifles too.

Thanks, Dinny

In order as mentioned above minus the 35 Rem. It's still being built.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Medics bury their mistakes..