Jeff, thanks for explaining your absence and sharing your situation. Please keep your chin up and rest in the healing hands of God.

Back then when you and I were able to meet at that little steak place in Farmington (great evening, eh?) I was in your neighborhood because I had experienced a long ordeal down the highway at Mayo Clinic in Rochester. It had been pretty much dreadful, including some of the same types of problems you are fighting - and fortunately I was back there for follow-up after having survived. Very difficult - yes -, but even the removal of the pacemaker paid some dividends. You are a gentle but strong man, and you can overcome the odds and stay with your family and us.

I never once told about that severe problem and battle here on the Campfire. Once back in the realm of the upright, I met up with those great guys that next summer at Armijo Springs for our annual event. It was obvious that some were shocked at my condition. I simply dug in and did what I could. Later on, more than one of those fine guys told me that It had looked as though I were a goner - not long for this earth.. Actually, those guys, along with my family, were the big stimulus for fighting to get back to some shade of normal. It really helped. They also told me that I should have posted here to let them know what was going on - in some detail - so that they could support me with prayers and through other means. Not my style at all, but their chiding made sense. Those folks are among the finest on earth.

I've been through two of those dark situations now - and know that God has some good reason for causing me to stay here - I simply need to fully realize those reasons and respond. I expect the same in your case, and will hold you and your family up in my prayers.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron