Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Is gophergunner OK?

Wish he would post.
Sure miss the guy.

Aw hell, I'll pretend to be the Goph for one post, just for you Rene:

"It's that time again fellas! The time we all wait all year for. There is nothing like deer season! The memories, the comradery, the smell of new fallen leaves.

Takes me back to my days on the mountain in PA where my Dad hunted for 71 years on one 20 count box of shells. Got a deer every single year too and there is still 1/2 a box left.

Every year at deer season, I feel like my Dad sends me a sign, like when the chickadee landed on my gun barrel. I was like "Hi Dad!" He was like "cheep cheep."

I got all your my gear, laid out in the basement in June so just going through it now.

I can't decide where I'm going this year on opener. Do I take my new to me blind that one of our fellow members so generously donated to me because my health conditions require I be warm or do I take my trusty Walmart folding chair and walk across the ditch and setup 7 feet into the woods for an hour and then head back home again for the remainder of the season? Preparing is half the fun, right?!

Did I mention my health conditions keep me from getting too far from the truck and I can't find any of my ammo? I think my mudshark daughters boyfriend might have pawned it but I can't prove it so if anybody has extra ammo, I'll be happy to purchase it but I don't have much to offer because of my health conditions. I'll make a list of needed ammo and post it here later.

There is a spot I'd like to sneak on again with my muzzleloader not far from my house but after the bowhunter in the tree scared the crap out of me by saying "please don't shoot my decoy" when I was just about to pull the trigger, I figure I better stay out of there.

Anyway fellas, good luck to one and all this season and most importantly stay safe! We have lost too many good guys around here lately and with my health conditions it just reminds me that I have to be extra careful and I'm out of ammo..."

Gophergunner

OK that was some funny chit. Thanks for the laugh