Originally Posted by ChuckKY
If that is true, that's about as low as you can get . How does someone look themselves in a mirror after being outed over something like that and still post here?

In their mind, they "deserve" that stuff. They believe they've been "kicked in the teeth" and/or cheated by the more fortunate their whole lives. It's the same mentality that allows someone to steal from their employer. They justify the theft because their employer hasn't paid them what they believe they're worth, has in their mind unjustifiably passed them over for a promotion/raise, not given them enough vacation, etc.

In the cases of those who attempt to "dupe" the forum population, in their mind, they bring such great value to the forum that they deserve things from everyone else.

Beware the "sob-story". It's unfortunate that I've become such a cynic, but, my noggin tells me that well adjusted and honest folks have a support system of friends/family to help them through tough times. Folks who "bear their soul" to strangers on websites are probably friendless and estranged from family for good reason.

Last edited by horse1; 02/24/21.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.