Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by GunGeek
There's a difference between ascribing creation to "a God" and Christianity. Christianity in this modern era just doesn't have a leg to stand on. There is just SO much in the Bible that has been proven to be untrue. So if you believe the Bible is the true inspired word of God, literally God breathed (Ephesians 3:20), then there are some problems.
Well sir, if one bases Christianity upon the Bible, then I can more clearly see your point of view. But the Bible isn’t the foundation of Christianity. It wasn’t for early first century followers of Jesus (when the Bible didn’t even exist), and it’s not now. The Bible exists ‘because of’ Christianity...Christianity doesn’t exist ‘because of’ the Bible. Jesus’ most devout first century followers never owned the Bible, never read the Bible...because there was no ‘the Bible’ to be had or read. There was no ‘the Bible’ until the 4th century. There were tens of thousands of Christians before there ever was ‘the Bible’. The Bible did not create Christianity. It’s the other way around.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I have ZERO problem with people who want to believe The Bible as a personal belief system. However, when you want to mandate how my children are taught, or limit their exposure to scientific teaching because of any religion, then I have an issue.
I don’t disagree with any of that.

You ever hear of The Old Testament?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter