About 2 years out before my mother passed my brother and I convinced my Mom we needed to be full partners in her bank accounts and investments. It sounds greedy but it was the smartest thing we ever did. For Mom's last 6 months she was suffering from dementia badly and we needed to write checks and get groceries. We used her money and she was good with that. We already had the funeral arrangements made and on the day she passed we called the funeral home and they were at the hospital within the hour and Mom was on her next to her last ride to the funeral home. Her last ride was to the cemetery to be buried next to my dad. It wasn't a celebration but it wasn't a complete and total mess like others have already talked about.

She had no will but we followed her wishes as best we could. Her assets got divided up evenly and we could pay back my brother who paid for my other brothers wife's funeral service 7 months prior. I can't tell you how important it is to plan ahead. Just like other Fire members have said, be prepared and plan ahead. It's not that hard.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.