Windfall;
Good afternoon to you sir, thanks for the thread and thanks to those who've participated in it thus far.

My experience with this is that my wife and I were the executors for both sets of parents and both of our late Moms were dementia patients. My Mom in law was medically induced and Mom's was a slow descent into it. I wouldn't wish dementia on anyone - ever.

I'll begin by stating it's my belief that the most unselfish thing we can do for our heirs is to leave a good will, POA and what we call a Representation Agreement which seems to be what you good folks call a living will.

Other things we've done for our girls besides that is sending them the contact information and account numbers for our investments, bank accounts and insurances.

We've talked to them about services - I'm easy in that I just want my ashes spread someplace with a decent view of mulie country. I've suggested they wait until fall, buy a tag and take a walk with a good rifle while spreading them. wink

We've both dealt with friends who had to clean up after loved ones/parents had passed without proper wills. Up here if it goes to probate, the government takes 1.4% of gross - cool.... frown

Indeed if you've got "stuff" you want to give to either heirs or friends, please do so now while you can get the satisfaction of seeing them enjoy it as well.

Thanks for reading, hopefully acting on some of the suggestions and I hope you all stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"