Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by goalie

In the end, the main reason to avoid getting one of these vaccines isn't because there's any data that shows they are dangerous, but because there isn't any data showing that they're safe.

Then you’ve made up your mind not to take it. Good, that’s your choice. FWIW I haven’t taken it either.

Everybody has to decide if the risks outweigh the rewards. In my case I’ve had Covid and after discussing it with my doctor two days ago I’ve decided the natural immunity is probably good enough for now. If I hadn’t already had Covid I’d probably get vaccinated.

The argument that you can’t prove they’re safe doesn’t wash though. You’re asking for a guarantee that’s impossible to reach. Toyota can’t prove my truck is safe either, all you can do is establish a reasonable expectation and go with it. I’ve known four people that have died of Covid, that’s enough for me to say that the risks from the disease outweigh concerns over the safety of the shots. That argument sounds a lot like the anti gunner argument that if you can’t guarantee no one will use a gun for criminal purposes then we should outlaw all guns. Ideologically it’s the same argument and it’s BS in either case, no one can guarantee your complete safety.

I was referring to doing the usual vaccine trials that we normally do, with the same timeline.

😉