Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahaha! I think I been doing it wrong. I split the holy and the ghost between the two shoulders. Never did say amen afterwards either. Maybe thats why Sister Bernadette didn't care much for me?

Did she show you where HE said to do it in the Bible or is it something men made up to show they were especial, like putting little dog houses or crosses by the highway or like not eating meat on Friday?
Sister Bernadette may not have shown any such thing, and she may not have addressed the fact that, throughout recorded history, humans of various spiritual persuasions have created symbols, icons and representations to suit their human wants and needs. Some of these otherwise meaningful symbolic features have also been prominent in human religious wars - and to this day some humans cannot help but attack and ridicule the spiritual symbols of others. Is such deprecation and ridicule, in itself, a symbol of human greatness, spiritual righteousness and superiority - or is a symbol of the mere nature of mortals? So, which denomination gets to set the rules - whose "interpretation" is correct? Who wields the actual authority in all of this?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron