Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Hastings
Who was Jesus? Was he God? Was he God's messenger/prophet sent to expose hypocrisy and proclaim the truth? Exactly who was he, and did he intend to establish a religion that unseated the chosen? I am Unitarian in belief to the extent that I believe there is only one God. As far as the sign of the cross, it seems to me another pointless exercise or ritual.
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are One.

As far as we know this side of Heaven, we serve a Tripartite God. Jesus is the Word but also in John 1 (the Gospel not to be confused with 1 John) He created everything that was created. All in all God is One Who is in 3 forms. He is Omnipresent, Omnipotent and Omniscient.

The Bible plainly and clearly says Jesus is God.

I and my Father are one.
John 10:30

Titus 2:13 refers to “the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ”.

Jesus is fully God, as all the fullness (not just part of the fullness) of God dwells in Him.
Colossians 1:19

Believe me (Jesus) that I am in the Father, and the Father in me.
John 14:11

Then, very clearly and importantly in John 14:6,
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.
Yes, and anytime Christ said "I Am" (Yahweh). One of the best examples of that is John 8:58,59 "58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am.” 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple." They picked up the stones because they thought Jesus had blasphemed, claiming to be God. "I Am" referring to God appears over 300 times.

Last edited by Tyrone; 05/10/21.

Politics is War by Other Means