Originally Posted by deflave
DUI laws are a fugking scam.

Period.

Don't suppose you'd care to expound on that, but on a few different levels I agree. Here in enemy liberal territory the DUI statutes have teeth. DUI convictions, even 1st time offenses are good for a *felony* conviction, w/mandatory jail time on 2nd convictions and harsher penalties for any further guilty findings. Allegedly. But then some get that laws are applied very differently for some. There's a 40 something year old white broad down the street who, according to a local rag, was arrested and charged over the winter with her 10th DUI, and she's still at home giving out milkbone treats to the girls in front of her pad. On a 4th or 5th DUI conviction state code calls for like 5 year mandatory incarceration, permanent/lifetime DL revocation and lots more. This broad still busts out the doggy yum yums on a daily basis for the pups. Which is cool and all, but I can't help but wonder if the fact that her daddy is a Lt. with the local band of blue monkeys has anything to do with her remarkable treatment.... Nah. Just a fluke I guess...