Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by pharmvet
Im 42 yrs old. When given the opportunity, I find myself really wanting to give advice to younger guys I encounter at work, hunting trips, etc. I have come to realize that my 20's and 30's were magical and I did not fully realize it. I feel there were things that I should have capitalized on but diddn't because I lacked the knowledge, confidence, or inspiration. That got me thinking about what you guys 60 and over might have for advice for someone my age.
One thing sticks out - "DO IT NOW" (whether fun, hobby, bucket-list etc).. You may not have tomorrow.. Seriously..
I would really like for you guys to give me your best advice on life in general (relationships with wife, kids, friends; money; career; health; religion; hobby)etc. Basically, what have you done right and what have you done wrong. What do you feel most strongly about. What do you wish you had known, done, or been told 20- 40 years ago. Im looking for serious stuff here.
Here's one - Never work for your parents.. If you've not saved ($) by now, begin immediately; TODAY.. But not in the stock market..
Never hurts to take a look in the mirror and seek out information that can be used for self improvement. thanks a million.
Prepare yourself and family for hard times.. 'Cause they're a-comin'...

Wish I would have learned the never work for your parents thing years ago. I wasted some of my best earning potential years making 1/3 of what I was offered elsewhere and going 7 years without a raise. I worked too much for too little and cost me my health on promises that were never fulfilled.

Bb

Good advice Burley.... I have experienced the same

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.