Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by pharmvet
Im 42 yrs old. When given the opportunity, I find myself really wanting to give advice to younger guys I encounter at work, hunting trips, etc. I have come to realize that my 20's and 30's were magical and I did not fully realize it. I feel there were things that I should have capitalized on but diddn't because I lacked the knowledge, confidence, or inspiration. That got me thinking about what you guys 60 and over might have for advice for someone my age.
One thing sticks out - "DO IT NOW" (whether fun, hobby, bucket-list etc).. You may not have tomorrow.. Seriously..
I would really like for you guys to give me your best advice on life in general (relationships with wife, kids, friends; money; career; health; religion; hobby)etc. Basically, what have you done right and what have you done wrong. What do you feel most strongly about. What do you wish you had known, done, or been told 20- 40 years ago. Im looking for serious stuff here.
Here's one - Never work for your parents.. If you've not saved ($) by now, begin immediately; TODAY.. But not in the stock market..
Never hurts to take a look in the mirror and seek out information that can be used for self improvement. thanks a million.
Prepare yourself and family for hard times.. 'Cause they're a-comin'...

Wish I would have learned the never work for your parents thing years ago. I wasted some of my best earning potential years making 1/3 of what I was offered elsewhere and going 7 years without a raise. I worked too much for too little and cost me my health on promises that were never fulfilled.

Bb

Good advice Burley.... I have experienced the same

Your folks didn't give you an allowance? $0.25 per lawn?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?