When I was 42 I was able to do whatever I wanted to as far as outdoor things. I always worked 8 hrs a day and several hours gunsmithing a day during the week, and the rest of the year I did whatever I had time for ----things like backpacking, cross country skiing, hunting, fishing, and trapping, playing on a softball team and still was able to work around home doing usual married man and father to three children stuff.
Somewhere along the line as you get older there will be some of those things you quit doing each year as time goes by.
I am not saying you can't do those things because of your age physically, but responsibility wise you drop one thing and pick up another .
I am 75 now, and I still plan on doing neat stuff, but find that I pick what I like the best and do first. I still hunt deer, elk, and antelope (maybe), and fish some, but some things can even trump hunting and fishing, like grandkids and family things. Photography has always been interesting to me and more my speed. grin
The main thing besides your personal things like a job, saving a little money, your religion, your health etc. is treat your friends like you want to be treated.
Now I should tell all of this to my two boys and daughter who are 39-- 45years old. !!!

Last edited by kennymauser; 09/21/21.