Originally Posted by cwill
I reload, own more then one 30/06 but am always chasing the next best thing. I am just trying to justify the high bc cartridges being sold as the next best hunting rig?

You have 2 30-06's. Realistically you are not going to find much better than that. Work on developing a sledge hammer accurate load for your 30-06 rifles you have. 200gr partition comes to mind. Other than that, you are just wanting something different and trying to justify the reasons. You are only going to be shooting to 400 yards. The 30-06 can easily handle that requirement. No problem whatsoever. How many elk have you killed and with what cartridges? Also, as far as high bc is concerned, you don't need a really high bc pill to kill an elk at the range limit you have imposed on yourself. If you are just looking to buy a new rifle, that is fair enough. We all like new rifles, but most of us here don't need a reason or excuse to buy one..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA