Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by cwill
I will be sticking to my 30/06 using 165 accubonds.

You can hang your hat on that combo for a lifetime - it's about as good as it gets.

Or the same in a 308 Win grin

Yup, should easily do the trick. Spend your energies on finding an elk to kill - you've got the rifle thing covered

You know, that is the best piece of advice. I'd also throw in practice with said rifle, because that is the last damn thing I worry about: Making the shot.. Finding them is the hard part, then packing them out the next piece of the pie. Almost any damn rifle you own that you are proficient with, you can kill an elk with. Proficiency in shooting and finding are key. All the other schidt is just "gack". I know, we love gack though. I was thinking about this schidt earlier when working on the shed in 103 degree temps. Just called it a day, now that it is 107 outside!!! As interesting as all this is, some of the guys at the club tell me they know some old timers that used to kill elk with 22 magnums..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA