Man, you guys are really disappointing me on this thread. It is apparent the OP wants to buy a new rifle so lets think up ways he can justify it instead of shooting down his ideas?

I've shot elk with 338 WM, 300 WM, 30-06, 300 Weatherby, and buddies have shot them with all of those as well as .270, 280, and several others .... so, armed with all that evidence and feeling comfortable with my choices of rifles, loads, bullets, and scopes, among other things- I went right out a couple years ago and built a 26 Nosler just because it sounded neat and had some of those fancy high BC bullets to its credit. It shoots great, handles like I expected it to since I dropped it in a stock I've had for quite some time, the 4.5 - 14 scope I put on it works perfectly for my type of hunting, and I can find components for it most of the time... so I went out the first year I hunted with it (last year) and promptly shot a spike elk at about 125 yards with it and dropped it like a sack of potatoes.... something anything from a 25-06 up to a 375 H&H could have done, I suppose- but it felt a lot different doing it with my NEW rifle....

So let's get on board here and help this guy buy a new rifle- isn't that what this forum is all about- to help each other with justifiable excuses for new toys?

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.