Originally Posted by 257Bob
The 7mm RM has been my go-to for decades, it's the upper end of recoil that really doesn't bother me at all, mine in a Brown Precision stock, recoils like a 270. I do notice the recoil of a 300 WM with 180s off the bench, not as much in the field, but practice in field shooting scenarios is not as much fun with the 300 compared to the 7mm.

The 7mm rem mag is a sweetheart. I can't believe I actually gave up on them a couple years ago. Then this year got 2 within a month from one another. Been shooting them and realized they are just great. Recoil about like a 30-06 and I can shoot one all day long if I want. My new little 300 RSAUM is much the same way. I'd take that one elk hunting in a heartbeat.. So many great elk cartridges to choose from.. For a few years I was haunted by the above poster that always said the 308w was good enough. He is right. I've said this before, but I've actually shot elk with my 338, 9.3x62, 300 magnums and after those 1 shot kills I think to myself, that damn Brad was right... After analyzing each shot and the distance involved, a good 308w with a good pill would have done just as well..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA