I was out and about, having a key made for my new/used Honda Accord I bought to save money at the pump and stumbled across a nice pre 64 model 70 featherweight at a reasonable price. It is equipped, already, with a Mcmillan stock and older Leupold VariX III 3.5-10x40 rifle scope in Conetrol rings. Someone had it set up very nicely. I bought the rifle to tinker around with and spruce it up a bit. I'm not a fan of the painted gray stock, so it's going to get painted. Sadly enough, Mcmillan did a damn fine job installing the black 1" pachmayr pad, or I would replace it with a red pad. That may happen down the road, as I am going to paint the stock my usual brown color. Red pads go so well with a brown stock IMHO. Anyway, the bluing is in excellent condition and the bore is pristine. I don't think it's been shot much. I haven't pulled the action out of the stock yet to see what kind of glass bedding job is there. If it's not well done, I'll re-do it. My plans are to shoot it as is before I touch it and see how it does and then go from there. Wish me luck and you guys have a great Easter!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA