Originally Posted by PSH
As usual bsa, good score. I'd like to hunt in you're neck of the woods. For rifles that is, lol.

Ha ha. Yeah, this one was funny. I saw it and it looked kind of grungy. I didn't even know it was a pre 64 at first. It was nestled in with a bunch of other rifles. So, I pulled it out and looked it over and said, it's kind of dirty, but that just requires a good clean up. Then I saw it looked like it had a Mcmillan on it. That is a bonus! Not being a huge Leupold fan, I had to pull the old tattered butler creek flip up off and see what generation of Leupy it was. An older one, that is a plus in my book, as I've had some issues with the VX3's. And it's in excellent condition. The older Leupolds seem to be better. And another bonus, it's sitting in Conetrol's! I've always wanted to try the Conetrols, just never wanted to lay the money down for a set. Well, lets get down to the brass tacks. I have been working on the stock this morning and making sure all the parts fit like a glove or the way they should. Mag box was tight, so I had to relieve the bedding the previous smith left. Removed some paint so the trigger guard and floor plate would fit. Removed paint in the barrel channel. Don't want that to affect accuracy. Like I said before, I may properly freefloat the barrel, but want to shoot it first to see what it is going to do. So, the paint turned out decent and I have 5 coats of clear over that. After it totally cures, in about a week, I will likely hit it with something to take down the shine a bit. Here are some more pics of some of the work I did this morning and the completed project. Hope you guys enjoy:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA