Originally Posted by handwerk
Thanks for the pics and congrats on another classy rifle...I never tire of looking at them.

Thanks handwerk. I always enjoy looking at your rifles too. Now I just need to start hunting my old rifles more. Truth be told, I had been wanting to buy a Mcmillan for my all original pre 64 30-06 fwt, because I didn't want to scratch the original up. Its in very good condition. I know, they were made to hunt, but I'm a little apprehensive about it. I think that is one of the reasons you like the rifles with recoil pads added and such. Shooters may not be as collectable, but they sure are more desirable out in the field. Most of mine are shooters, but the '56 fwt:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Its a sweetheart. I bought it because both my parents were born in '56. Kind of a keepsake. That damn rifle shoots good though. Its really a shame I don't take it out in the field. The reason I had been looking for a Mcmillan for it, but then this rifle came along and you know the rest of the story. It will work great and I can keep my '56 in like new condition. Win win.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA