Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
25” on the Mashburn.

And you only go around one time and if the rifle shoots and you think it’ll stay then it’s worth it.

Think of all the money you’ve spent on women, trucks and guns and the rest you wasted. Live a little. That big 300 deserves some solid hunting time whistle

Ha ha. You are making too much sense!!

Well, I’ve spent a lot of dumb money on stuff that didn’t stick. Tikkas for example. Love my little CTR 223 but the rest, 7-08, 270, 22-250 never took. Even in great stocks. Always wanted a 70. If I’d just stayed true to what I really knew I’d have liked I’d have money ahead, even if I put the 70’s in Browns. Our time is money and wasting it is pretty rough when you look back.

True points taken. I messed up one time buying a stock for a model 70. It was a Bansner. It was nice and light, but I hated how it made the rifle handle. Sometimes going too light is not good. That rifle always felt too top heavy. It was a classic 30-06. Had to go back in its factory tupperware. Lesson learned.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA