Originally Posted by Rifles And More
Great find and way to scoop it up - I've walked on a few I shouldn't have.

Man, I was on the verge of walking too. I'm glad I bought it though. The rifle is very clean and I also know where a period correct stock is in perfect condition, if I wanted to return it back to original. Of course it will not be the original stock that the rifle came with. After cleaning it up today, I was very surprised it looks like it has not been shot very much at all. I guess it was "accurized" by a guy out of Carson City Nevada. He did a nice job fitting the Mcmillan to the barreled action. I had to slightly fine tune a few things. The rifle is chambered in 30-06. I know that's the only boring part about it. I love 30-06 though. Growing up with that cartridge as my only big game cartridge. I know what it is capable of. I'll get some before pics up in a while for you guys to check it out. I PM'd Beretzs about it yesterday. I was actually going to go and snag a different 30-06 rifle (6 digit fwt classic) that he told me I should have bought a while back, but saw this one before I hit that store and it took priority.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Nothing like leaving everyone hanging! LOL

I'm guessing 270.

Unfortunately it was not. That would have been an even better score as far as value because of rarity. However, I am not a 270 win guy. I had about the most perfect 270 fwt made in '57 a while back and never shot it. I sold it to someone that appreciated it more than I did. I've always liked the 30-06, so it was still a good score for me personally.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA