Now, here it is after cleaning the action and giving it a good wipe down with Rem oil:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That bolt face is in pretty good shape. The firing pin hole is nice and round and the muzzle is very clean. No wear in the bluing near the muzzle, all indicators that it has not been shot much..

The stock has 5 coats of brown paint on it now and a light dusting of texture. I didn't apply much because Mcmillan already had the texturing they use when they paint a stock and that looks great, but I wanted a little grip in the fresh paint. I'll let that dry overnight and then re-install the barreled action tomorrow. I know I like the brown color much more than that dingy gray, plus it hides some of that bedding you could see. The guy that bedded it, did a nice job, but was not as picky about what you can see as I am. I sanded some of that down before I painted, so hopefully we won't even see it now.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA