The couple things that stuck out at me, that I did not like:
Besides the fact that the "professional" that glass bedded it originally was messy. Look at that spill over. That's unacceptable in my book:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
When that rear action screw is left long^^^^, the bolt has a tendency to drag on it. I like to keep it even or slightly below the profile of the receiver:
I had to cold blue the end of the screw to match the receiver. This is right after grinding it down though^^^^

This always bothers me when guys do this, but we all know Mcmillan has an issue with not inletting this part of the stock properly:
Whoever ground on this trigger guard should be horse whipped. Look at that crappy job^^

Generally I just go a little deeper with the inletting so you don't have to modify the $120.00 trigger guard!!!! This one was what it was, so I ground and polished it better and then baked some paint on:
My other option would have been to call Jason at pre64.com and order a nice fwt trigger guard, but that's a $120.00 I don't want to spend on it.. Paint and recontour/polish turned out alright. I think I can live with it now.

This was before I cleaned it. Typical aluminum pillars and nice bedding job:
I'll leave it as is and shoot it and see how it does. The barrel is not freefloated, so that may be an issue. We will definitely see when I take it to the range. If it is a problem, I'll freefloat it and re-shoot..

Here's a pic of the rifle after I wiped the stock down a little bit. It was a little dirty:

I've always liked the looks of Conetrol rings and bases on these model 70's, but couldn't see paying what they want for them. I'm glad they were on this rifle when I bought it. I'll use it just like it is. Even with the old Leupy. That's a friction adjust scope, so you know its an older one.

Here it is after I pulled it from the stock:
Rifle was manufactured in 1961, according to the serial #. Bolt also has matching serial #.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA