Originally Posted by beretzs
My 300 RUM in the Legend is a peach. It is a touch heavy but it is a 300 RUM and I have no desire to torch off a 7 1/2lb one of those whistle

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

I love the looks of the Legend buddy. As I wrote my previous post, that is exactly what I was thinking. I only drag my size 12's because IF I order one, it's going to have a left hand cheek piece. Then if I hate it, I'm stuck with it because no one is going to buy it. The conundrum I put on myself, but If I order one, it's going to suit me personally. Generally I do not like stocks with cheek pieces, because they are on the wrong side for me. So in essence they just add unnecessary weight. Stocks like the hunters compact/hunters edge fit me great, but would not be a suitable match for my long tubed 300wby. I also don't care for the weight of the Pre 64 montecarlo pattern. They weigh more than the damn wood stock they are replacing. Hence, the reason I keep the old factory stock on it. Ha ha. There's always the Brown PoundR approach, as I know I love the ergo's of that stock. My 338wm works great and I love the weight of that rifle. But who wants to pay what they want for a Brown PoundR these days? The Legend is sweet though, I've admired them from afar. That 300WBY would be bad azzed with that stock. I'd just hope the ergo's fit me well.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA