Originally Posted by ltppowell
The kids of the people who dealt with Texas indians didn't have anything good to say about them.

Sorry. I'm gonna go with that.

You’re just profiling ‘cause you’re a Cop grin

OK, so they did pin old Grandma Parker to the ground with a lance at Parker’s Fort before gang-raping her.

I mean sure, they also bashed the Hibbon’s infant’s brains out against a tree in front of Mrs Hibbons where Austin now stands and sure, Fehrenbach tells us they horribly tortured to death a bunch of White women and kids in their camps after the Council House Fight which was likely true,

and sure they did capture that poor guy during the Great Comanche Raid and made him walk on the soles of his skinned feet before killing him, all the while getting him to call out to his companion hiding not far off to turn himself in (didn't work)

But they did leave that wealthy young wife captured on that same raid relatively unhurt except for sunburn, tied to a tree naked except for her whalebone corset.

True, they might have MEANT to kill her, they did shoot arrows into her corset, they were still stuck to it like it was a pincushion when she was rescued.

But seriously, was a guy like Noah Smithwick just ignoring that stuff when he lived among them? What about Sam Houston, former resident among the Cherokees?

I dunno.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744