Great thread!

Thanks Birdie and Kaywoodie and everyone else for their contributions. I’ve been quietly following along and I look forward to each installment. When I was a young boy every Sunday was family dinner day. After mom got done playing the organ and acting as choir director for 3+ services she’d get home around 12-12:30 and begin cooking for the 7 of us in my immediate family plus my 4 grandparents and usually a friend of mine. After dinner my dad’s dad would start talking history and I was enthralled. I’d sip my coffee (I was a lucky kid and I promise it did NOT stunt my growth) and listen intently, hanging on every word grandpa said. He was especially focused on the civil war but his ability at recall amazed me. Grandpa was educated at Rutgers and went to law school there as well so education was big for him as was being in the proper social circles. I still miss those hours and hours of grandpa chain smoking, talking history and drinking coffee. I absorbed more in those Sunday suppers than I learned all through high school. Those early years were so informative, I’ve been an avid history buff ever since.

Thanks to all that have contributed here. This thread has been a comforting reminder of wonderful days gone by….I can almost smell the leg of lamb and pork roast mixed with cigarette smoke and fresh coffee from the percolator (the good stuff for company).😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~