Originally Posted by plainsman456
Then there was the thing that happened on May 19 1836.

The Fall of Fort Parker,lots of folks died and some were never found after being hauled off by one indian band or another.

This is when the Parkers,Plummbers,Nixons Falulkenberrys Anglins and others lives were changed forever.

The Parkers are the wife's folks.

They were tough folks back then but sometimes they did not think things out very well.

The massacre at Parker’s Fort was a typical example of Indian brutality, old Granny Parker in particular surviving being raped repeatedly while pinned to the ground by a lance.

I think I wrote earlier What’s not usually mentioned is that the fort was also a staging area for expeditions against the Indians and according to Moore the source of at least one attempt to infect the Indians with smallpox.

How much of that was known to what has been described as a mixed group of Comanche and Waco teenagers sacking the fort that day I dunno.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744