So the guy’s name properly translates to “Hard On” or something like that. I gotta observe tho, it musta took exceptional men on either side of this conflict to inspire 100+ men to follow them at a time when all could come and go as they pleased.

There was a Comanche leader of that era, an older guy called “Amorous Man” which is open to translation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorous_Man

Same year, 1840, a Comanche was born somewhere to the west who, thirty-four years later, would create bullet-proof medicine for the warriors attacking Adobe Walls. Isa-Tai, which popular history has it translates to “Coyote A$$hole”.

The medicine didn’t work, but Isa-Tai did go on to a notable career in Tribal elections on the reservation. Maybe politicians and some medicine men were similar sorts of people.

The fact that Comanche hostility wouldn’t end for another thirty-four years after 1840 is also notable. I dunno of any other tribe able to hold out that long.

Edited to add: Actually I do, the enigmatic Kickapoo, originally of the 18th Century Ohio Country who never made any treaties with the Whites but who did administer a sound drubbing to a joint Texas and Confederate force. Dove Creek 1864.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744