Originally Posted by ALLongshot
My A bolt has a 1:10 twist so I'm guessing I'm gonna be limited to 130gr and less. Has anyone had any luck with anything heavier in a 1:10?
Yes .
I have the same rifle and the 140 Gamekings shot cloverleafs at 100 yards and performed to perfection,

I had this same question after listening to everyone tell me it wouldn't stabilize 140's - but I actually got a response from JB on this and he pulled up a stat showing that twist and bullet were acceptable -good to go.

Of course I couldn't believe my own lying eyes and went off to try 120's. They work perfectly fine but not with the 100% pass through and consistent bang-flops of the 140 GK.

Let me find my load data for you and know that I stick with mostly lighter loads. You have to be careful they fit in the mag in this rifle but my best load that worked was

140 Sierra Gameking with 44.5grain H4831sc loaded to COAL 2.788. No feeding problems. Powder charge is more or less middle of hi - lo according to Lee manual.

I love my A-bolt by the way,

Last edited by kenjs1; 07/20/22.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius