One stupid question and one easy question. First - the stupid. I received a pound of free H870 (discontinued) - any ideas if this would work worth a darn in the .260 with heavy bullets, or is it just too slow?

Easy question - I'm normally a Nosler kind of guy, but both of my .260s have a liking for the 129 gr. Interlock, and they are GREAT performers on deer, at least in the 5 samples of kills I have with them from 100 to 359 yds with both pistol and rifle, propelled by 44 gr. I4350 running 2825 fps from the rifle and 2575 from the pistol (17" barrel). I don't own a Hornady manual and don't plan on buying one. Can someone provide me with the load data that Hornady publishes for the 129 gr. Interlock in their manual? I have a wide variety of suitable powders and I want to find more than one "pet load" for this bullet - such as I4350, H4350, Varget, RL15, 4064, H380, BL(c)-2, and I4831. I'd love to have that data, as I know that the 130 Nosler AB and 129 IL likely have different pressures due to different design and jacket composition. Thanks!

Last edited by selmer; 11/25/13.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile