I decided to try some 142-grain LRABs in my large-framed guns. The 142s are available as blems from SPS right now and not a bad price. I figured WTH and laid in a bunch for hog killing.

Looking over my powder selection, Re26 was sitting there and I have no solid plan for it and QuickLOAD was telling me it has the best velocity potential for the list of powders I have on hand (in abundance---don't want to shop for any more!). So, I loaded up three of each charge a couple of weeks ago:

45.8 / Re26
46.1 / Re26
46.4 / Re26
46.7 / Re26
47.0 / Re26

Shot this morning. Conditions were great. Only bad thing was I forgot to grab a magazine and had to single load each round. PITA, but results look promising...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The last shot was just a check for the round I've been hunting with---that's a 120-grain Ballistic Tip running at about 2800. I wanted to see if my junky old Weaver Super Slam was holding zero.

So...it looked like 46.7 to 47.0 was tightening up, so I'm going to shoot five each of 47.2, 47.4, 47.6, and 47.8 to see if there's accuracy in there somewhere. If I can get the kind of accuracy 46.4 was showing and another 60 to 100 fps, why not? The 46.4 load is kinda loafing a bit at 2560 outa my 20-inch barrel and I'd like more if I can have it. If not, then I'll live with 2560 and the hogs won't. I may end up sticking with the 46.4-grain load simply because it's already beginning to compress the power at that point. Don't need bullets creeping up outa the necks as I lay in bed asleep at night. We'll see.

I'm really liking the .260 out of an AR. wish I'd gone that direction a long time ago!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.