Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Each to their own.

With all of our freedom and liberty at stake and under attack these days, if someone wants tattoos, I'm sure not gonna disagree with their choice.

It's their body. They can do as they please.

Now if the govt mandated that I get one, we'd have a problem.

Sums it up for me pretty well.

And for me as well. 👍

Tattoos don’t make a beautiful girl more beautiful nor do they make an ugly girl pretty. Veterans, especially combat veterans, and tattoos are about the one situation where I understand the sentiments behind the ink.

I personally don’t have any nor does my wife or children. My wife said that her dad was adamant that she never get a tattoo. He was an easy going guy and according to my wife he didn’t have any hard rules or unreasonable expectations. My wife was a good student and an easy kid to raise so he never felt he needed to be overbearing. The one hard and fast rule that he had for his daughter was absolutely NO TATTOOS. It was really out of fashion for my father in law to be so anti-something like tattoos but he did NOT want his daughter to get a tattoo. He told her that if she defied his one rule and got a tattoo of any size anywhere that she would need to find her own place to live. Needless to say that my wife never got a tattoo, never wanted to get a tattoo. She loved her dad dearly and she told me that if that was something that really bothered him then it was an easy decision. When we were dating she got her belly button pierced. When she went to tell her dad and show him her piercing she set it up like she was going to reveal a tattoo. He almost had a heart attack but was so relieved that it was only a piercing.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~