Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by saddlesore
If you look at the total number of preference points for elk alone, I don't think they can all be used in a five year period. Example Unit 201 awards 25 bull tags each year. In five years that is 125 tags .There are more hunters with 20 points than that. So every one else is screwed. I can see any hunter with zero points will be out of the ball game for 5 years. Eliminating the PP hunt code will stop the future, but what happens to the thousands of hunters with points. As long as they put in for the draw each year, they are not inactive hunters. It is going to take more than five years to award tags to anyone with points no matter if it is 1-2 or 15-20. I don't have clue as to how to fix all that, but I don't think CPW does either.

They won't use all of their PP's if somebody continues to apply for the very high demand hunts. Either use them in 5 years period, or lose them after 5 years. It's the applicant's choice.

Personally I'm not in favor of a straight lottery. Not even sure about the split draw with 50% lottery/50% PP draw.
I'd like to hear why you are not in favor of a straight lottery? I get it that is screws those with points. Any other reasons?