I think South Dakota has the worst Game Fish and Parks Department.
Extremely short seasons. When I got a tag (only once) for my county the season was so short and deer had left my land that I didn’t fill. I had to pay extra for that one chance by being a land owner.
They Limit how many places you can apply deer tags for.
Extremely unlikely to get elk tags unless you want to use your “points” for a cow tag.
I applied for Sheep and Goat tags each year. So far no licenses. I’ve applied for bull elk in the Hills and in Custer State park almost every year I could. So far one tag and I’ve been applying ever since they were available.

The only tags I got this year were for does and half way a cross the state at that.

I applied for elk in the Hills and Elk in Custer State Park, I applied for East river deer, West River deer, pronghorn and since I applied for east and west river deer I couldn’t apply for black powder deer. I applied for black hills deer. And maybe one or two other. They take money for each of the applications but all I got was west river doe tags.

You don’t know how bad trying to hunt big game is until you live the South Dakota.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally